- My name is Erin Attwell, I am 17 year old cyclist from Victoria BC. I am attending my last year of high school at Maria Montessori Academy and at the Canadian Sport School based out of PISE and home to one of the CSI Pacific campuses. I started racing in the late fall of 2014 where I attended my first Canadian Track cycling Championships. This allowed me to get a little glimpse into the sport and have been progressing since then. I was fortunate enough to represent Canada at two UCI Junior World Championships this past season on the Track and on the Road.
- My Goals for next season are to make the Junior National team so I can represent Canada at the UCI 2017 Junior Track and Road cycling World Championships in China and Norway.
- My goal for this campaign is to help raise some funds to support me on some of my cycling endeavours for next season. Cycling projects can take a toll on a Junior financially so I would like to help subsidize some of the costs by raising some extra funds.
- My first big Road race was the 2015 Canadian Junior Time trial Championships where I placed 3rd in as a second year U17. I then went on to race the following week in Rimouski, Quebec at the Tour De Releve. I placed 1st over all in my category. As I continued my peak I was able to race at the Western Canada Summer Games where I placed 1st in both the Time Trial and the Road Race. This past year I placed 1st at the 2016 Canadian Junior Road race Championships and 3rd in the Canadian Junior Criterium Championships. I then went on to represent Canada at both the UCI Junior Track cycling World Championships in Aigle, Switzerland where we managed to place 4th overall in the Team Pursuit and Represent Canada at the UCI Junior Road and Time Trial World Championships in Doha, Qatar.
- I would just like to give a huge Thank You to Lister Farrar head of the Tripleshot Youth Development team run out of Victoria for engaging me in the sport of cycling and for coaching me in my first year. To Jeff Ain and the Nextgen program run out of Cycling Canada and CSI Pacific for giving me access to such incredible world class facilities and resources. I am also very proud to announce that I will be joining the Trek Red Truck Racing Team for the 2017 race season.
- Thank You everyone who has supported me along the way. I cant wait to see where this sport takes me.
There are no updates yet.
Steve and Sheila Walker